Mole Valley is in the northern sector of the Gatwick Diamond, with Gatwick and Heathrow airports, the centre of London or the south coast all within reach in less than an hour. Both the district's main towns, Dorking and Leatherhead, have mainline train stations and are close to the M25.
From the M25 take junction nine. This gives easy access to Leatherhead and a short 15 minute drive down the A24 will bring you to Dorking. There is plenty of car parking to be found in the towns and surrounding villages.
Both Dorking and Leatherhead are mainline stations with direct links into London. From Leatherhead, you can get direct trains to either Guildford or Horsham with a journey time of 30 minutes. From Dorking you can get to Guildford, Reading and Gatwick Airport.
Dorking is served by:
- South West Trains - from London and Surrey
- Southern Trains - from London and Surrey
- First Great Western - from Reading, Guildford and Gatwick Airport
Leatherhead is served by:
Dorking and Leatherhead are both less than an hour by train from London Waterloo and London Victoria. Direct international train services connect London with Paris, Brussels and Lille.
Journey Planning Websites
The following useful websites provide information about national journey planners for public transport, car and cycle, rail and coach fares information and maps of routes, areas and interchanges.
- AA route planner (for car journey planning)
- Cyclestreets (for cycle journey planning)
- Google maps (for public transport and car journey planning)
- National Rail enquiries (for train journey planning)
- Ordnance Survey (maps)
- RAC route planner (for car journey planning)
- Royal Mail (find a postcode or address)
- Surrey County Council (bus timetables)
- TFL plan a journey (for public transport in London)
- Traveline (for public transport)
- Traveline south east (for public transport)
- walkit.com (for planning walks)
When you are not at work, walk from the hustle and bustle of Dorking or Leatherhead to the tranquillity of the picturesque countryside and wooded Surrey Hills within minutes. Enjoy a variety of leisure time activities on offer at theatres, cinemas, arts events, beautifully maintained parks and open spaces and leisure centres.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Economic Development team on 01306 885001.