Council Tax

Council Tax Charges
How much you need to pay and what to do if circumstances change. More about valuation and banding, and what to do when a new or converted property is nearing completion.
Council Tax Completion Notices
A completion notice is a document that specifies the 'completion date' for newly built properties.
Council Tax Payments
Find out how you can pay your bill and what to do if you are having problems paying.
Council Tax: Change of Address
If you are moving home, you need to notify the Revenues team as soon as possible.
Discounts & Other Reductions
Find out about the Local Council Tax Support scheme, single person discounts, disablement relief and annexe discount.
Empty Home Incentives
In support of the Government's initiative to tackle the shortfall in national housing, Mole Valley District Council is currently undertaking a review of empty Council Tax properties.
Empty Property Exemptions
Details of exemptions that are available where no one is living in the property.
How to Appeal
If you believe your council tax bill is wrong, here is information about how and when to appeal.
Occupied Property Exemptions
Details of exemptions which can apply even though the property is occupied as someone's main residence.